Before we do anything, we wanted to let you know who we are with our first post. Instead of being redundant I’m going to quote our mission statement here:
The goal of Survival Defense Lab, is to make the world a better place. Since there are lot of ways we can do that we obviously had to cut down the field a bit to narrow our focus. However, I also realized that things are always cut and dry and easy to place into neat little categories, so we’re not that narrow when it comes to what we do. So to make it easy to understand, I’m going to use bullets (pun intended). Here we go:
- We sell supplies for preppers and survivalists. Both camps will claim they’re not synonymous, which they aren’t, but many times the equipment they use is similar. So we cater to both those who are preparing for the end of the world, and those who want to make sure they don’t die in the woods.
- We sell custom ammunition, firearms, and accessories. While this will be a future project, we hope to make it the core of our business. We will conduct research and development and use the results to provide you with cool, useful items for your firearms passion.
- We sell knowledge. We’ll provide this knowledge in a number of ways. Podcasts, videos, ebooks, good old fashioned books, and more. We’ll also provide classes in select areas to train others in the skills we promote here.
- Finally, we do have an agenda, that is partially political, and we’re not going to hide from it. Yes this may alienate some customers, and we may run afoul of certain powers that be, but I believe in the freedom of association. If we don’t get along we don’t have to do business. That is your right, and that is my right. We go our separate ways.
In order to accomplish the above goals, we believe it’s important to have some principles that guide us. Here they are numbered in no particular order except for 1.
- Always do the right thing. If this means we lose some potential profit, then that’s what it means. If it means we have to quit selling our top product, or apologize for something we said in a video, then that’s what it means. We will always strive to do the right thing and be accountable for our actions.
- Buy and sell American whenever possible. This is something we will always strive to do. We believe in local communities and will support those closest to us first. However, we do realize we live in a global society, and sometimes we’ll have to go international for our supplies. We will be open and transparent when this is the case so you can make an informed decision. While some see this as compromise, remember that often you must work within the system before you can change the system.
- People first. We are about you, our associates, and those we do business with. We will do everything reasonable, I know we may differ on what that means, to make sure you’re satisfied and we’re satisfied with the deal. If there is an issue let us know. We want to do right by our customers.
- Have fun. This is maybe the second most important principle. We do what we do because we enjoy it and love it. If we’re finding it impossible to have fun, we’re doing something wrong.
Well that’s us. If you like it great, if not great, at least we’re all on the same page. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. Otherwise, God Bless and Stay Awesome.